We are delighted to announce that on 20 September 2022, EDHECinfra’s key indices have acquired Recognition by the European Securities and Markets Association (ESMA) as a third country benchmark administrator in accordance to Article 32 of Regulation (EU) 2016/1011. This is an essential step for us, as we move to being recognised as the key provider of pricing data in the unlisted infrastructure universe, and ensures our clients of the robustness and high-calibre of our products.
The indices that acquired Recognition by ESMA are listed in the ESMA Benchmark Administrator Register and they are: the infra300®, the infra100® equity index family, and the infraDebt100 index family.
What are the advantages of regulation? ESMA regulates administrators of indices, that are used in the EU as benchmarks in financial instruments and financial contracts or to measure the performance of investment funds, as well those of certain third-country benchmarks.
ESMA regulation aims to:
- Ensure proper governance and controls over the benchmark process.
- Ensure the quality of input data and methodologies.
- Ensure contributors to benchmarks and the data they provide are subject to adequate controls.
- Protect consumers and investors through greater transparency and adequate rights of redress.
- Ensure that robust written plans in case of cessation or material changes of benchmarks.
What does this mean for our clients? Achieving Recognition status means that, after scrutiny by ESMA of our methods, business practices and quality control standards, our indices have been shown to comply with the requirements of EU BMR. This gives our clients increased confidences in the quality, longevity, integrity and reliability of the data that we provide.
These indices are already available in the index application on the infraMetrics platform.