Sales Director (London, Boston)
EDHECinfra is launching an online product giving access to index data, analytics and constituent level data on a commercial basis. We are recruiting senior sales representatives to help us bring this exciting new product to market.
In order to do this job…
- We sell a product created by quants and accountants; you need to have some interest in maths and stats to do this job.
- We sell benchmarking solutions to sophisticated CIOs who often come along with their own quants; you need to understand finance (in practice AND in theory) well to do this job.
- We are selling a new product in a sector (real assets) where investment practices are still evolving from their opaque corner and into the light; you need to be ready to face resistance to change and be excited to be one of the agents of this change.
- Sales in a process-driven activity; you need to be focused and detail oriented, like tidy spreadsheets and recording most aspects of your day into salesforce to do this job well.
You will be responsible for input into the development of the global business plan and the execution of the commercial aspects of this plan in terms of new customer acquisition. The role involves the identification of opportunities with new clients, the prioritization of prospects and proactive outreach.
Accountable for the revenue growth objectives with respect to the business plan. You will be able to lead from the front and directly impact the future growth of the business.
The demand for infrastructure investment data is very high amongst most large asset owners and managers and EDHECinfra has developed a unique and robust data offering that is not available elsewhere today. This is a key position to develop a commercial practice and eventually create and lead a sales team. This is a great opportunity to grow professionally as well as contributing to the growth of the business.
It is expected that you will have solid sales track record, with solution sales experience, as well as a good understanding of the infrastructure finance and investment sector and good knowledge of capital markets and the asset management industry overall.
Manage the sales cycle end-to-end; including lead generation, qualification, commercial negotiations and post sales customer care and inquiries for new client relationships to ensure target financial goals are achieved.
Promote and insightfully sell appropriate product/service solutions and cultivate referrals from new customers.
Utilize and maintain Salesforce data to monitor pipeline and leads status for goal management.
Oversee transfer of relationship to Relationship Managers or Sales Operations (based on account category) once the client account has been integrated in to the firm.
Identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy.
Monitor pipeline on a proactive basis and schedule pipeline reviews with the Director of EDHECinfra on monthly and quarterly basis.
5+ years of successful track record in direct sales role. Demonstrated experience in selling ‘analytics’ and data-driven products in the asset management sector.
Strong public speaking skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels with an organization.
Excellent networking skills are required in order to obtain market information necessary to anticipate customer needs and interpret the trends that are evolving in the infrastructure investment sector.
Attractive salary and bonus, healthcare and pension plan coverage.
Lead Scientist (Singapore)
EDHECinfra is recruiting a Lead Scientist to manage and deliver research projects.
I order to do this job..
- We deliver research according to a plan which is usually tied to its funding. Not failing at this job absolutely requires managing and delivering research projects to a high level of quality and on time, providing intellectual leadership, guidance and also getting your hands dirty.
- We develop research with the aim of having an impact in the world of business. The willingness and ability to write papers that people might want to read beyond academia is essential.
- We aim to publish number of papers in a limited number of research journals. To do this job you need to have the tenacity, diplomacy and patience required to get your team’s papers published.
- Making an impact with our research also requires dissemination. The ability to speak not only well and clearly in public, but also to a non-academic audience and through non-standard formats including webinars and the trade press is essential.
- Good research costs a lot of money. Your ability and experience raising research funding, especially from the private sector on an unsolicited basis, and manage the relationship with research sponsors is essential as well.
The position involves overseeing and developing a research programs on all aspects of our research on infrastructure investment, impact and policy.
The candidate must be a seasoned researcher with a very strong track record of scientific work and publications, as well as a deep understanding of the infrastructure sector and public policy.
The Lead Scientist will initiate research projects and be responsible for their delivery. Research work will be conducted in teams and will require leadership and substantial scientific and organizational inputs from the Lead Scientist. Scientific research priorities are agreed with the Institute Director and implemented according to a pre-agreed delivery plan.
A Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, the ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of experience in industry or academic labs and be capable of writing clear and concise reports and to present research findings at industry and academic conferences.
Candidates should demonstrate a good understanding of major infrastructure sectors from energy to water and transport including from a technical standpoint and economic standpoint. They should be familiar with data science and quantitative techniques.
This position offers the potential to be promoted Scientific Director of EDHECinfra after two years.
The position is based in Singapore and offers excellent healthcare coverage as well as a competitive salary.
Senior Product Specialist (London)
EDHECinfra is recruiting an ambassador based in London.
To do this job..
- Our work aims to create a fully-fledged infrastructure asset class with a high degree of transparency and well documented track-record. To do this job well you need to want this to happen and feel that it is your mission, as part of the team, to make it happen.
- Public speaking is a big part of the job. Like any good performer, you will have to rehearse and deliver a well-honed speech that elevates the debate, resonates with the audience, stays with people and includes some good jokes.
- Writing insightful, short and sharp copy on LinkedIn or in the FT is not just a pass-time and can be done systematically and intelligently to raise awareness to our brand and product. This is part of your job.
- The most important thing is to convince CIOs that they are better off with well-defined, representative infrastructure investment benchmarks than not. It requires a good understanding of what asset owners and managers do, and the ability to engage with them at the right level. This is much more than a sales job. It is part-ambassador, part-celebrity.
The Senior Product Specialist is an important link between the EDHECinfra data and quant team of pure researchers and the sales team that markets the EDHECinfra index and data product offering.
This person understands the research and methods developed at EDHECinfra and is capable of suggesting new areas of applied research that are of interest to the industry, and to write up and present the motivation and results of this research.
It is capable of managing and maintaining relationships with existing clients and their own teams with respect to how EDHECinfra research results are derived and can be used.
Crucially, the Senior Product Specialist is the ‘ambassador’ of EDHECinfra around the world and is tasked with presenting and disseminating our views, ideas and results during numerous seminars, conferences, webinars etc. as well as in the press in op-eds, letters to editors and interview.
London, travel required to the US, Europe and Australia for road-show type events (2 or 3 weeks) several times a year.
English. Native with a very high level of literacy. Proven ability to write clear, sharp analytical documents for an audience of investment professionals at the CIO level. French or German useful but not essential.
Probably CAIA-certified, proficient in alternative investment technical concepts and methodologies including private equity and private debt, credit risk models, private asset valuation techniques, structured products and portfolio allocation and construction concepts. A degree in maths/stats/finance would help. Experience of conducting and writing industry research is important.
10 years in asset and risk management ideally in the multi-asset alternative space. Clear and practical knowledge of the investment management industry (asset owners and managers) and investment process and value chain is essential.
We offer a competitive salary for the London area and a performance bonus.