The EDHEC/Natixis Research Chair on Private Infrastructure Debt
In 2012, Natixis endowed a Research Chair at EDHEC to focus on the definition, nature and risk-adjusted performance measurement of private infrastructure debt, with a focus on project financing debt.
Since then, this research Chair has produced a number of important research outputs for the understanding of the infrastructure debt asset class:
- The first structural credit risk approach to unlisted, illiquid debt;
- The first calibration of credit risk metrics for infrastructure projects finance that does not rely on reported events of default but uses cash flow dynamics to measure distance to default;
- The first and only analysis of the nature of idiosyncratic construction risk in infrastructure project finance;
- The first analysis of the diversification benefits of using both greenfield and brownfield investments in a single portfolio;
- The first-ever risk-adjusted performance benchmarking of private infrastructure debt investments in Europe going back 15 years;
- The first dynamic risk factor analysis of credit spreads in private infrastructure debt, compared to corporate debt going back 20 years.
Since 2016, the research of the Chair is also delivered to Natixis' friends and partners in the context of a dedicated annual Masterclass.
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments.
A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries. Its clients include corporations, financial institutions, sovereign and supranational organizations, and the customers of Groupe BPCE’s networks.
More information on Natixis infrastructure expertise available at: https://infrastructure.cib.natixis.com/
2017thu16mar2:00 pm5:30 pmNatixis Infrastructure Debt Masterclass 2017Advanced techniques for asset owners and managers2:00 pm - 5:30 pm NATIXIS London, Cannon Bridge House – 25 Dowgate Hill, EC4R 2YA London Event Organized By: EDHECinfra Talk type:LectureSponsor:Natixisspeaker(s):Frederic Blanc-Brude, Majid Hasan, Tim Whittaker with the support of:NATIXIS
2018wed06jun2:00 pm5:00 pmNatixis Infrastructure Debt Masterclass 2018Advanced techniques for asset owners and managers2:00 pm - 5:00 pm NATIXIS London, Cannon Bridge House – 25 Dowgate Hill, EC4R 2YA London Event Organized By: EDHECinfra Talk type:LectureSponsor:Natixisspeaker(s):Frédéric Blanc-Brude, Director, Majid Hasan, Head of Asset Pricing, EDHECinfra with the support of:NATIXIS
2021thu25feb9:00 am10:00 amFeaturedVirtual EventTowards scientific ESG Reporting for Infrastructure investors: a roadmap9:00 am - 10:00 am(GMT+00:00) View in my time Event Organized By: EDHECinfra Talk type:SeminarSponsor:Natixisspeaker(s):Frederic Blanc-Brude, Nishtha Manocha, Anne-Christine Champion (Natixis) with the support of:Natixis